This cauliflower rice is a 20-minute meal perfect for both lunch or dinner. It is insanely low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, and incredibly tasty. It can be served by itself, or with some meat on the side—whatever you choose, the cauliflower rice will make you want to cook it again and again.
Truth be told, I never liked keto-fried cauliflower rice. But, I found out that when cooked properly with the right ingredients, cauliflower rice can turn into something unbelievably delicious.
This fried cauliflower rice recipe is easy to make and won’t take much of your time. It’s even easier to make this low-carb rice than the usual fried rice, and it serves as a great healthy rice alternative. You can use either fresh or frozen rice cauliflower, and you can cook it together with the other veggies.
How to Make Riced Cauliflower
There are many different ways you can make cauliflower rice. I prefer to make the riced cauliflower in a food processor. Personally, I think that it is the easiest and fastest way to make it. Here's what you should do to make riced cauliflower using a food processor:
- Wash your cauliflower head. Cut off any brown spots.
- Slice off the woody center of the cauliflower head.
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller florets. There is no need to make them tiny; just make sure that they fit into the food processor.
- Prepare your food processor by attaching the grater blade. If you don't have such a blade, it's okay to use the knife S blade. But, this may result in cutting some pieces too fine while others stay too large.
- Throw the prepared cauliflower florets into the food processor and turn it on.
As simple as that, you'll be able to make keto rice out of a whole cauliflower head in just a few minutes.
If you don't have a food processor, you can chop up the cauliflower head into rice-sized pieces using a knife. Or, you can also use a box grater to make the cauliflower rice.
Absolutely nothing could go wrong with this keto fried cauliflower rice recipe. It's simple and straightforward, so you shouldn't have any issues making this low-carb rice.
Simply rice the cauliflower and set it aside. Then saute the chopped onion, carrot, and peas in olive oil. When they are soft, throw in the minced garlic.
At this time, add the riced cauliflower and mix everything together. Cook for a few minutes, stir, and cook for a few more minutes. It should take you about 5-7 minutes to cook the cauliflower rice.
When the keto cauliflower rice is cooked, add the soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. And voila, you can now enjoy your homemade cauliflower rice.
Here are some other tips that might be helpful for you when cooking this low-carb cauliflower rice recipe:
- Don’t cover the cauliflower rice with a lid. It is important not to place a lid on the skillet when cooking cauliflower rice. Doing so won’t make it faster to cook, and the cauliflower rice may turn mashy. So it is best not to use a lid at all.
- Add sesame oil for a nutty taste. If you love sesame oil, it can be a great addition to this recipe. But it is essential that you add it when the meal is fully cooked because the oil can easily burn.
- Experiment with spices. You can add various spices and herbs to make this cauliflower rice even tastier. Personally, I think that just salt and pepper is enough, but you can also add Cayenne pepper, dried basil, rosemary, oregano, smoked paprika, etc.
- Be careful not to overcook the cauliflower rice. It is very easy to overcook this rice, so remember that 5-7 minutes is more than enough to fully cook the cauliflower rice.
You can, by all means, double the servings of this keto cauliflower rice and store it in the fridge for 2-3 days. Whenever you wish to serve it, simply reheat it in the microwave.
It’s even possible to freeze this meal and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. However, I prefer to make just the riced cauliflower and freeze it without cooking. Then whenever I want to cook the fried cauliflower rice, I just thaw the rice in the refrigerator overnight and then cook it the next day.
This low-carb fried cauliflower rice can be served as a separate meal. It is quite filling and incredibly delicious. But to make it even more filling, you can serve the fried keto rice with some meat on the side. Here are some tasty options that you can try:
- Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken
- Pork Chops With Cream Sauce
- Bacon-Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
All of these recipes are easy to make and pretty quick, so you should definitely give them a try. And, together with this keto fried cauliflower rice, they can make up a perfect lunch or dinner.
Keto Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium cauliflower head riced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- ½ cup canned peas
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the cauliflower rice—break the cauliflower head into smaller pieces and use a food processor to rice it.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and pour in the olive oil.
- Add the chopped carrot, onion, minced garlic, and canned peas. Cook until the veggies soften.
- Throw in the riced cauliflower, stir everything together, and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in the soy sauce, lemon juice, and add salt and pepper. Stir it, then serve.