These keto garlic parmesan radishes are a great side dish option and the best low-carb alternative for potatoes. When your whole family is having roasted potatoes for dinner, the struggle becomes real. And in such a case, these radishes may be a real lifesaver (it's quite possible that your kids will love them too).
Even though radishes are a root vegetable (and most of such vegetables are forbidden on keto), they are an exception to the rule. One radish has only 0.1 grams of carbs and is loaded with fiber, making it ideal for ketosis.
And the best thing about this keto recipe is that it takes less than 30 minutes to make the roasted radishes. Also, since you'll be using an Air Fryer to cook them, there'll be much less cleaning to do afterward.
Do Roasted Radishes Taste Like Potatoes?
There is no low-carb product that will taste totally the same as potatoes. Potatoes are potatoes, and radishes are radishes. However, these roasted radishes are the closest thing to potatoes as it gets.
But what to expect from these air-fried keto radishes? The thing that makes them taste like potatoes is their creamy texture. And the main difference between these two products is that radishes are much juicier, but trust me, that's not a bad thing.
Benefits of Radishes on Keto
First of all, the main advantage of eating radishes on ketosis is that they are incredibly low in crabs: one small radish has only 0.1 grams of carbs. So even if you eat 10 of them, no harm will be done to your diet.
Besides being keto-friendly, this product also is an amazing source of antioxidants and is loaded with different essential vitamins:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
Moreover, many have claimed that radishes can reduce the risk of diabetes, improve liver function, and even help maintain blood pressure levels. Also, radishes aid in digestion and have almost no cholesterol.
And if you feel like you're constantly hungry, eating radishes may help to reduce that feeling since they are also known to promote a sense of fullness.
How to Make Air Fryer Keto Radishes
Roasting radishes is unbelievably easy. Just buy some radishes, prepare your Air Fryer, and follow these steps:
- Quarter the radishes.
- Add oil and your favorite seasonings. I like to use olive oil or avocado oil and just add some salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. But you can let your cooking imagination run wild and add almost anything you like: taco seasoning, cayenne pepper, onion powder, fresh thyme, red pepper flakes, dry or fresh parsley, oregano, etc.
- Bake the radishes in an Air Fryer. Just preheat it to 400 degrees F and roast the radishes for about 20-25 minutes. Don't forget to toss the radishes halfway through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Once the radishes are fully cooked, sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over them and garnish with rosemary (optional).
That's it! In just a few steps and less than 30 minutes, you'll have an amazing and insanely delicious low-carb side dish ready to serve.
If you don't have an Air Fryer, you can use your oven to roast the radishes. To do it, follow the same steps, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, place the radishes on a baking pan covered with parchment paper, and cook them for about 25-30 minutes (adjust the cooking time depending not the size of the radishes).
Also, you can fry the radishes on a skillet. But I don't like this method since you'll need to stir them constantly, and they won't turn out as ideally crisp as with the previous two methods. And there is a chance that they'll stick to the skillet.
These air fryer radishes can be served with almost anything: fish, meat, or poultry. Here are a few meal options that go best with these roasted radishes:
- Bacon-Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken
- One Pot Tuna Casserole
- Air Fryer Butter Salmon
- Crab Cakes
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
If you want to keep things simple, you can just serve these low-carb garlic radishes with some keto dipping sauce on the side. For example, they taste amazing with this homemade caesar dressing, keto buffalo sauce, or just with some sour cream.
If you have any roasted radish leftovers, you should place them in an airtight container and store them in your refrigerator. This way, you can store the radishes for up to 2-3 days. The best way to reheat it is to use your Air Fryer. Just throw it in for a few minutes, and they'll be as if just cooked.
I do not recommend freezing these keto radishes. Because if you do it, the radishes will end up very watery after you thaw them.
Air Fryer Keto Garlic Parmesan Radishes
- 12 oz radishes cut into fourths
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp parmesan grated
- Place the cut radishes in a large bowl, add the oil, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Mix and make sure that the radishes are evenly coated.
- Roast them in an air fryer preheated to 400 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes (toss the radishes halfway through).
- Sprinkle the cooked radishes with parmesan, garnish with some fresh rosemary, and serve warm.