This keto salmon recipe is the one that you’ll need for a quick low-carb lunch or dinner. And if you’ve never cooked salmon in an Air Fryer before, you must try it. With my frying technique, you’ll get the most flavor from the salmon, and it will be cooked to perfection.
Loaded with butter, lemon juice, garlic, and some herbs, this keto Air Fryer salmon will become your family’s all-time favorite dish. It is healthy, gluten-free, and takes only 20 minutes to cook.
Depending on your preferences, you can serve this keto salmon with almost anything on the side: cauliflower rice, steamed veggies, homemade guacamole, or a fresh salad. And, each serving has just 1 carb, which means that you can even enjoy it with a slice of keto bread.
Table of Contents
Everything About This Cooking Method
It’s impossible to find the right words to describe how much I like to make salmon in an Air Fryer. It is easy, quick, and insanely delicious. And with my air frying technique, you’ll be able to double the flavor.
So, what’s up with this salmon air frying method? It’s quite simple—air fry the salmon in aluminum foil. All that you’ll have to do before placing the salmon fillets into the air fryer is to wrap them up in a piece of foil. And you won’t believe it—such a simple change can make a huge difference.
There are numerous advantages of using this cooking method, with the main one being the perfect salmon texture. When air frying salmon this way, all of the juices and flavor will stay inside the salmon, so it doubles its taste. Also, you’ll get perfectly crisp, and at the same time, flaky and tender salmon.
As a bonus, you’ll have less cleaning to do. The only thing that you’ll need to do after the salmon is ready is to throw away the used foil, and that’s it.
You don’t need advanced cooking skills to master this low-carb air fryer salmon recipe. Everything about it is simple. But, if you are a newbie when it comes to cooking salmon fillets in an Air Fryer, here are some tips that you might find useful:
- Preheat the air fryer before placing the salmon. I recommend preheating the air fryer for a few minutes. This will ensure that it starts cooking immediately after turning it on.
- Open up the foil and air fry the salmon for a few more minutes. This will make sure that the salmon fillets get a nice and crispy top.
- Check the salmon’s temperature. If you’re unsure of whether the salmon is cooked or not, check its temperature at the thickest part of the fillet. If it reaches 145 degrees, then it means that the salmon is ready.
- Don’t remove the skin from the salmon fillets. Don’t worry; it will come off by itself after the salmon is cooked.
- If you choose to use frozen salmon, air fry it for longer. Just keep it in the Air Fryer for 5-7 more minutes.
For this keto salmon recipe, I chose to season the fillets with butter, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. If you like, you can use olive oil or avocado oil instead of butter.
Also, there are other delicious seasoning ideas that you should try:
- Dijon mustard
- Soy sauce
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Dried rosemary
- Cayenne pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic salt
- Ground coriander
You can mix and match almost anything for the salmon seasoning. But try not to go overboard with the spices and herbs—the simpler you keep them, the better.
How to Store It
I doubt that you’ll have any keto salmon leftovers, but in case you do, keep in mind that you can store them in the refrigerator for at most 3 days. Before serving it, it is best to reheat the salmon in the microwave.
The good thing about leftovers is that you can experiment with them. For example, you can shred the leftover salmon and make a cheese or lettuce wrap for lunch.
This low-carb salmon goes well with practically any kind of side dish. A great way to serve it is either with some fried cauliflower rice or alfredo zoodles.
But if you’re just as much into homemade guacamole as I am, then you should, without doubt, serve this air fryer salmon with some guac on the side. Or, if you’re looking for something low-calorie and quick to make, you might want to try these keto garlic Brussels sprouts.
Keto Air Fryer Garlic Butter Salmon
- 3 slices salmon fillet 4 oz per slice
- 1.5 oz butter melted
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ⅛ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. Once melted, add the lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Take a piece of aluminum foil, and place the salmon fillets on it.
- Using a pastry brush, evenly spread the buttery mixture over the salmon fillets. Then wrap the fillets in the foil.
- Set the Air Fryer to 375 F and cook the salmon fillets for 15-20 minutes, depending on how thick the fillets are.
- If you want the salmon fillets to be crispier, open the foil and air fry the salmon for a few more minutes.
Leave a Reply