If you’re a fan of brownies and rich espresso, you’re going to love the Brownie Drink at Starbucks! Here is everything you need to know about what to expect, how to order this drink, and even how to make it at home!
Table of Contents
What is The Brownie Drink?
The Brownie Drink is an Iced Shaken Espresso base that balances creamy mocha sauce with rich espresso shots and is topped with vanilla sweet cream cold foam.
Shaken Espressos are quite strong and rich in espresso flavors, so this recipe does cut down on shots to balance the flavors better.
How To Order The Brownie Drink
Ordering the Brownie Drink is straightforward compared to other secret menu items.
Here's how to order the Brownie Drink at Starbucks:
- Order an Iced Shaken Espresso.
- Ask for one less shot than usual (tall will have 1 shot, grande will have 2, and venti will have 3).
- Add two additional pumps of mocha sauce (tall will have 5, grande will have 6, and venti will have 8).
- Top with extra vanilla sweet cream cold foam.
So if you were to order a grande Brownie Drink, you’d say, “I'd like a grande Iced Shaken Espresso with 2 shots, 6 pumps of mocha sauce, and extra vanilla sweet cream cold foam.”
Of course, if you’re looking for more caffeine, you can keep the original amount of espresso shots. The beverage will still taste like a brownie but will have a much stronger espresso flavor.
How To Make The Brownie Drink At Home
Starbucks Brownie Drink
- French Press
- cocktail shaker
- 2 espresso shots
- 1 cup ice
- 6 tsp mocha or chocolate sauce
- 4 ounces milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pull two espresso shots and pour them into a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Add 6 teaspoons of mocha sauce and shake everything together vigorously.
- Put four ounces of milk in a cup with a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Froth with a milk frother until your mixture thickens.
- Pour your espresso mixture into a glass, top it with your vanilla cold foam, and enjoy!
This beverage is a wonderful treat for when you need a kick of caffeine but also want to curb your sweet tooth. Whether you're making it at home or ordering it in stores, this treat can be enjoyed year-round.