Looking for the perfect, rich, sugar-free keto hot fudge sauce recipe? Then this is the one that you need. It is low-carb, gluten-free, and can be served practically with anything you love most.
What I like most about this hot fudge sauce is that even though I had to make some changes to the traditional hot fudge recipe, it still turned out as velvety as it should be and has an insanely deep chocolate flavor.
One of the best parts about making this keto hot fudge sauce is that you can have it ready in less than 10 minutes. Also, you need just 6 simple ingredients to whip it up. And the advantages of making this recipe don't end here.
Table of Contents
Is Hot Fudge Sauce Keto-Friendly?
Yes and no. It depends on the ingredients used to make the hot fudge sauce. So if you make it following this recipe, you will be able to enjoy it at any time of the day without causing any harm to your keto diet.
One more thing that I wanted you to know is that many of the store-bought hot fudge sauce brands often add harmful and unnecessary ingredients. So just to be on the safe side and make a healthy hot fudge sauce, it's best to make it yourself at home using the right ingredients.
So for this keto hot fudge sauce recipe, you should prepare only six simple ingredients that can be found at almost any local grocery store. Here's what you need:
- Heavy cream - the thing that makes this keto hot fudge sauce insanely creamy and rich is that I use a combination of both heavy cream and milk to make it;
- Milk - I used whole milk, but if you prefer plant-based milk, then you can definitely use it instead. Just make sure that the milk that you chose is on the low-carb side;
- Dark chocolate - it should be as dark as possible and, of course, sugar-free (it doesn't matter whether you use a chocolate bar or chocolate chips for the sauce);
- Cocoa powder - choose only the unsweetened cocoa powder kind;
- Butter - I prefer using butter for this low carb hot fudge recipe, but if you want, feel free to substitute it with coconut oil;
- Sweetener - for months now, the Lakanto powdered monkfruit sweetener has become my number one option for all keto desserts. I simply love it, and if you have never used it before, I definitely recommend you to give it a try.
And for some extra flavor boost, you can add a few drops of vanilla extract to this keto hot fudge sauce.
When I get bored of this recipe, I turn it into a peanut butter fudge. If you're interested in trying it, then all you need to do is use this recipe as the basis and simply add a tablespoon of peanut butter into the sauce when melting the chocolate.
How to Make Keto Hot Fudge Sauce
Now that you've prepared all of the needed ingredients, we can move to the next step, which is actually cooking it. Here's what you should do:
- Heat the milk with heavy cream in a small pot over medium heat.
- Decrease the heat to low-medium and add the butter and chocolate into the pan.
- Stir the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Next, add the cocoa powder and sweetener. Stir for a few more minutes until there are no lumps.
Tip: Use a small whisk to mix in the cocoa powder. That will make it easier for the lumps to dissolve.
And that's all! Serve any preferred way and enjoy this delicious keto hot fudge sauce. Personally, I love to top my keto vanilla ice cream with this hot fudge sauce. Dessert can never be too sweet when there's no sugar in it!
Storing and Freezing Instructions
When your low-carb hot fudge sauce is ready, pour it into a mason jar or any other jar that has a lid. Then you should store it in your refrigerator. This way, this chocolate sauce should last up to 1 week.
If you want the sauce to last even longer, simply place it in a zipper back and store it in the freezer. This way, you'll be able to enjoy the chocolate fudge sauce for up to 2-3 months.
Whenever you want to serve the sauce, simply scoop some of it into a microwave-safe bowl and heat it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Then stir it and repeat until hot and creamy.
If you need to keep your keto hot fudge sauce warm all the time, simply place it in a small slow cooker on low heat and stir from time to time.
Keto Hot Fudge Sauce
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 8 oz whole milk
- 3.5 oz sugar-free dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp Lakanto powdered monkfruit sweetener
- Pour the milk and heavy cream into a small pot and place over low-medium heat.
- Add the dark chocolate and butter. Stir until it melts completely (for about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the cocoa powder and sweetener. Stir until no lumps and thoroughly combined.
- Pour in a mason jar and serve.
Leave a Reply