We all love beef and broccoli stir fry. Unfortunately, this meal usually comes with a high number of calories and a sugary sauce. So for those following the keto diet, it's essential to steer clear of such foods. The good news is, this recipe will be your lifesaver whenever you're craving some beef and broccoli.
I can talk all day long about the benefits of this keto beef and broccoli stir fry recipe. It's insanely low-carb, healthy, and unbelievably delicious. With less than 10 ingredients, you can cook this beef and broccoli stir fry. You’ll have a tasty dinner on the table in just 20 minutes.
By all means, this is a family-friendly meal—everyone in your family will enjoy it. Trust me, even my toddler, who is a picky eater, loves this meal. And besides, this beef and broccoli stir fry is a great way to maximize the daily vegetable intake.
Table of Contents
Is It Keto-Friendly?
Beef and broccoli stir fry is an ultra-popular dish. But in most cases, whenever one eats beef and broccoli stir fry, it is not keto-friendly. We are all used to the Chinese restaurant versions of this meal. Those are never low-carb, and they often contain lots of unnecessary high-calorie ingredients.
I've tweaked the traditional beef and broccoli recipe and replaced some of the ingredients with healthier alternatives. So, this beef and broccoli stir fry recipe is completely healthy and keto compatible.
You can stir fry almost anything and get a quick dinner ready in no time. This keto beef and broccoli stir fry is also an incredibly easy and fast recipe. And, the combination of flavors that this meal has to offer is just impossible to describe.
With just a few simple ingredients—beef, broccoli, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, water, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper—you’ll be able to make this delicious meal! You can also add some additional ingredients to the recipe if you want to. But trust me, this dinner will turn out perfectly even with just these basic ingredients.
The other ingredients that are optional for this keto recipe include ginger, scallions, and sesame oil. It depends on your preferences whether to add these ingredients or not. If you do choose to add any ingredient, make sure to include the nutritional value of that ingredient in the final result.
You don’t need to have superpowers to be able to cook this delicious low-carb dinner. The cooking process is unbelievably simple and quick. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Cut the beef. You should cut the meat into thin slices against the grain.
- Season the slices. I think that simply adding salt and pepper is more than enough. Even though I have a thing for garlic powder and Italian seasoning, for this recipe, there is no need to add anything else.
- Sear the meat. For this keto beef and broccoli recipe, I always use either the beef top sirloin or flank steak. I choose them since they don’t require much time to cook fully. It should take you about 10-15 minutes to cook it.
- Add broccoli. You should throw the broccoli florets into the skillet when the meat is almost ready.
- Pour in the liquids. Add the water, soy sauce, and minced garlic.
- Prepare to serve. When the beef and broccoli are ready, move it onto a plate, top it off with some sesame seeds, then serve it warm.
As you can see, there is no need to remove the beef from the skillet before adding the broccoli. If you like broccoli crisp, this cooking method is the best one.
How to Store It
If you have any leftovers from this keto beef and broccoli stir fry, you should place them in an airtight container or cover them with plastic food wrap. You can store the leftovers from this meal in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
This keto beef and broccoli stir fry is also freezer-friendly. You can place it in a zipper bag or a container and store it in your freezer for up to 3 months. Whenever you wish to serve this meal, simply thaw it in your fridge overnight or use your microwave to defrost it. However, you should know that freezing fully-cooked keto beef and broccoli stir fry will result in broccoli that isn’t as crisp as it should be.
My all-time favorite option when it comes to choosing how to serve this keto beef and broccoli stir fry is with a slice of keto feta bread. But, if you don’t have any and don’t have the desire to bake it, you can always serve this meal simply with some sesame seed on top and fresh salad on the side.
Keto Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lb beef top sirloin or flank steak
- ½ lb broccoli florets
- ½ cup water
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the beef into thin slices against the grain and season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil on a non-stick skillet over high heat. Throw in the beef slices and sear until golden for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets into the skillet, pour in the water, soy sauce, and add the minced garlic. Cover with a lid and cook for about 3 minutes. Then, remove the lid and cook a few more minutes until the liquid evaporates.
- Top it off with sesame seeds before serving.