We’ve all grown up hearing about the benefits of green leafy vegetables. Now that we’re older, we know that there’s a reason vegetables are praised all over. Leafy greens like lettuce, celery, and spinach are all powerhouses of nutrition that provide several health benefits.
When these vegetables are juiced, their juices act as a health elixir, providing invaluable minerals and antioxidants to its drinker!
Green juice is a health drink made by blending together a variety of green vegetables. The resultant mixture is rich in phytonutrients, fiber, and other minerals that our bodies regularly need—such as potassium!
It's also worthwhile to mention that juices offer you a unique advantage. They’re easy to digest, and all the minerals are absorbed by the body.
Did you know that a glass of green juice a day is the best protection for your body against chronic inflammatory conditions? It also balances the PH levels of your body so that all the minerals are present in sufficient amounts.
In fact, a glass of green juice in the morning is enough to keep you full of energy all day long! When talking of vegetables like mint, spinach, lettuce, and celery, the benefits they provide to your immunity are endless!
The high levels of vitamin C present in them act as a powerful antioxidant and improve your body’s metabolic functions. Thus, your immunity gets strengthened—just by regularly drinking a glass of green juice!
Table of Contents
Benefits of Drinking the Obscene Green Juice
Before you drink this green juice, it‘s best to know exactly how your body can benefit from it.
- Spinach is a treasure house of antioxidants which prevent the development of chronic diseases. A great source of vitamin A, it keeps your eyes and skin healthy! Plus, it’s high in nitrates that help lower blood pressure and improve blood circulation.
- Lettuce, with its anti-inflammatory properties, has been used as medicine for centuries. It has anti-microbial properties and functions as a natural anxiety reliever. Aside from that, it protects your neurons and reduces the levels of bad cholesterol in your body!
- Cucumbers are a great source of natural minerals that help prevent diseases like diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, eye degeneration, and even cancer. It keeps you hydrated and satiated, which is why it’s good for those struggling with weight loss.
- Celery is packed with micronutrients like vitamin C, A, K, and potassium. It lowers inflammation and cleanses your body of all the toxic build-up. Moreover, it eliminates all the nutritional deficiencies.
- A great source of vitamin C, pineapple functions as your immunity-boosting aid. It’s high in fiber and low in calories! This makes it the perfect juice to combat obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Apples are the ultimate weight loss fruits. They are filled with fiber and enhance your gut health. You’ll never feel hungry after drinking apple juice!
- Lemon, as we all know, contains a high level of vitamin C. Aside from that, lemon also has antiviral and antibacterial properties. Those looking to enhance their immunity levels should make lemon juice a part of their daily meals.
- Mint leaves are especially beneficial for those who suffer from asthma. They clear the respiratory tract, as well as your throat. Mint is also a great option to enhance your digestive system health.
Health Conditions that a Green Juice Helps to Prevent
Green juice is rich in plant nutrients. These nutrients control inflammation, boost the production of red blood cells, and aid your cells in carrying oxygen to different parts of your body.
Plant nutrients detoxify the body, clearing it of all harmful substances and keeping the blood sugar level balanced. Hence, people with diabetes or obesity can benefit by making them a part of their life.
Every day, our bodies are exposed to various toxins. They are almost always present in the environment around us, no matter where we are. These toxins strain the liver and make it less efficient.
Drinking green juice regularly can improve your liver health and make it more efficient at eliminating these toxins.
Green juices also contain various enzymes, which function as a foundation for great digestive health.
And, last but not the least, drinking green juices regularly enhances your immunity levels! As they say, money can’t buy health.
Drink this juice every other day or as often as you can, and you’ll see a remarkable improvement in your energy and health!
Immunity-Boosting Green Juice
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- 3 leaves lettuce
- 1 cucumber check for bitterness before using
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 big cup pineapple
- 1 apple
- ½ lemon
- 1 small handful mint
- Wash and rinse all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Remove leaves of celery and use the stalk.
- Peel the cucumber skin and cut it into smaller pieces. Make sure the cucumber is not bitter, else it will end up spoiling the taste of entire juice.
- Cut the pineapple and apple into small pieces after cleaning them thoroughly.
- Juice all the ingredients except lemon.
- Add lemon to the juice once done.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and drink it immediately.