If you were looking for the perfect recipe for chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar, then you've come to the right place. This is one of my favorite cookie recipes since it's very easy to whip up, and the end result is simply impossible to resist.
There are many ways you can make low-carb chocolate chip cookies. But I prefer this one because to bake them, I'll use a store-bought cookie mix, which simplifies everything. And this cookie mix is fantastic since it is made of healthy ingredients.
Another thing that I like about these keto chocolate chip cookies is that they can be stored in the fridge, or you can also freeze them. And after they've been frozen, they will taste exceptionally good, as if they were just straight from the oven.
Table of Contents
Can I Make Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Brown Sugar?
For some reason, many people think that chocolate chip cookies cannot be made without white sugar or brown sugar. Since I'll be using a store-bought cookie mix for this recipe, the good thing about it is that there's no brown sugar in it. But instead, it has a sweetener that gives even more flavor than any other kind of sugar would.
Also, I'll give you an alternative recipe on how to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch. They will also be low-carb and made without any brown sugar.
For this keto chocolate chip cookie recipe, you'll need to prepare the following ingredients:
- Swerve Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix: This cookie mix is the basis for my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I recommend you use this one since it's healthy and very easy to use. But if you prefer to make it from scratch by yourself, read on. I'll share how to do that.
- Milk: You'll need to add some liquid to make the chocolate chip cookie dough. I prefer to use either whole milk or a plant-based alternative, such as almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk.
- Vanilla extract: Just a bit of vanilla extract will boost the flavor of your keto chocolate chip cookies, making them even better.
- Butter: You also need to add some fat to your cookie dough. You can either pour in some melted butter or, for a plant-based option, use coconut oil instead.
How to Make Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these chocolate chip cookies, all I need to do is combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl to form the cookie dough. Once that is ready, you'll need to preheat your oven and prepare the baking sheet.
Then all you need to do is scoop some of the dough and form the cookies. Remember to place them a bit farther apart from each other on the baking sheet because once they are baked in the oven, they will expand. And once they are fully baked, it's best to wait for about 15 minutes before serving them.
If you don't want to use a store-bought cookie mix, you can make it yourself from scratch. It's very simple to do, though it will take more time and require more ingredients than using a store-bought one.
So instead of the store-bought low-carb chocolate chip cookie mix, you can use the following ingredients to make the dough:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice (preferably powdered)
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter (unsalted butter or salted butter, either of them is good)
Optionally, if you like the flavor of peanut butter in your chocolate chip cookies, you can also add a tablespoon of it to the dough.
That's it! Once you've gathered all of the ingredients, throw the needed amount of each of them in a large bowl and mix thoroughly until smooth to make the keto chocolate chip cookie dough.
To make sure that you can easily combine everything, it's a good idea to first mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ones in the other one. Then follow the same instructions as in the recipe card below to bake them.
Keep in mind that if you choose to make the cookies using this recipe, the nutrition facts will be different than in the recipe card below.
To store these low-carb soft chocolate chip cookies in your fridge, you should wait for the cookies to cool down completely after baking and then place them in a food storage container.
This way, you can keep the cookies in your fridge for up to 5 days. But keep in mind that the cookies will be a bit stiff after being in the fridge, so what I like to do is throw them in the microwave for a few seconds so that they become a bit softer before serving them.
Also, my favorite thing about these cookies is that you can freeze them. And after you thaw them, they will taste as if they just came straight from the oven, which is amazing. You can store these cookies either in a freezer-friendly food container or in just a zipper bag.
Then, whenever you wish to serve them, either thaw them overnight or use your microwave to do the job. These keto chocolate chip cookies can be kept in your freezer for up to 3 to 4 months.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Brown Sugar
- 1 pack Swerve Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the chocolate chip cookie mixture and combine it with milk, vanilla extract, and the melted or softened butter.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, scoop some of the cookie dough and use your hands to form the cookie dough balls.
- Place them on the prepared baking tray and bake in your oven for around 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let the chocolate chip cookies cool down completely before serving.