This recipe is my favorite version of the famous keto cucumber shrimp roll-ups - they are loaded with cream cheese, avocado, shrimp, and bell pepper. It may sound simple, but this way, the rolls turn out with a quite sophisticated taste that closely resembles shrimp sushi.
I love sushi, and my sushi cravings can hit me very unexpectedly. When that happens, I always make these cucumber rollups. They are perfectly compatible with the keto diet since one such roll has only 2 grams of carbs.
These keto shrimp roll-ups are very quick to make. You'll need to spend only about 15 minutes. And they can be served for lunch, dinner, or even as a snack.
Table of Contents
Here's What You'll Need
I wanted to keep the ingredients for this recipe simple and easy to find, so there are only eight of them. To make these insanely tasty low carb shrimp roll-ups, you'll need these ingredients:
- Long cucumber
- Lime juice
- Cream cheese
- Seaweed sheets
- Bell pepper
- Everything bagel seasoning
If you want to speed up things a bit, you can use guacamole instead of the avocado here. However, I recommend you make it yourself. This way, you'll be the one in control of the ingredients you put in it. And if you don't know how to make it, try out this keto guacamole recipe.
Mix and Match
What I love about this keto recipe is that you can mix and match different low-carb ingredients to get different keto cucumber rolls each time. Nobody likes to eat the same thing over and over again. So I'm sure you'll enjoy this recipe as much as I do since it's incredibly versatile and offers lots of variety.
Here are some ideas for you:
- Cucumber salmon roll-ups - use the same ingredients as in the original recipe, only swap the shrimp with some smoked salmon;
- Cucumber tuna roll-ups - make a tuna salad (just mix some tuna, mayonnaise, fresh chives, chopped dill, and some sriracha), place a seaweed sheet on the cucumber slice, spread the tuna salad on top of the sheet, and roll it up;
- Cucumber chicken roll-ups - use this recipe to make this keto chicken salad, spread it over the cucumber slice, and roll it up;
- Vegan cucumber roll-ups - make some guac, spread it over a cucumber slice, place inside your favorite veggies (bell pepper, red onion, radish sticks, etc.), and then roll it up.
How to Make Keto Cucumber Roll-Ups
When making keto cucumber rolls, the first thing you should do is prepare the cucumber slices. For that, you'll need either a food peeler or vegetable slicer. I've tried both of these methods, but for me, the best way to slice the cucumber lengthwise is with a food slicer. But if you like thinner slices, you should use a food peeler.
Once you've prepared your cucumber slices and all other ingredients, you can start assembling the keto roll-ups. Here's how to do it:
- Lay the cucumber slice on your cutting board.
- Cut out the seaweed sheet to fit the cucumber slice width. Place it on one side.
- Spread the mashed avocado on top of the seaweed sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese on the avocado.
- Place your other ingredients on top: bell pepper slice, cucumber slice, and shrimp.
- Roll up the cucumber slice and sprinkle it with some everything bagel seasoning.
If you want to make sure that the cucumber roll-ups don't fall apart, you can pin them together with a toothpick.
When it comes to choosing how to serve these keto cucumber roll-ups, I usually go with some soy sauce. But since not everyone in my family likes it, I give them other sauce options. Here are a few amazing sauce options that taste perfectly with these cucumber roll-ups:
Or you can just eat the keto cucumber shrimp roll-ups just as they are, without any additional sauce.
Well, the thing with these keto cucumber rolls is that it's best to serve them as soon as you've made them. Or, if there are some leftovers, you can store them in your refrigerator for up to one day. Since there is mashed avocado in these roll-ups, it will turn dark with time. So the sooner you eat them, the better.
Keto Cucumber Shrimp Roll-Ups
- 6 large shrimps cooked and peeled
- 6 long cucumber slices
- 1 avocado peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 6 tsp cream cheese
- 6 Ocean's Halo seaweed sheets
- ½ small cucumber cut into six sticks
- 1 small bell pepper cut into six sticks
- 3 tsp everything bagel seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, place the avocado flesh and mash it. Add the lime juice, some salt, and pepper, and mix.
- Lay the cucumber slice on a cutting board. Cut out a seaweed sheet to make it fit the cucumber slice. Place it on one side of the cucumber slice. Spread one teaspoon of mashed avocado on the seaweed sheet. Next, spread one teaspoon of cream cheese on top of it. Then place one shrimp, one cucumber stick, and one bell pepper stick. Repeat for the next five cucumber roll-ups.
- Roll each of the cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle with the everything bagel seasoning and serve with some soy sauce on the side.
Leave a Reply