Air fryer-baked eggs in avocados are the perfect option for a low-carb breakfast. They’re unbelievably delicious and easy to make. If you’re an avocado fan, then trying this recipe is a must. And if you don’t have an Air Fryer yet, you can also make these in the oven.
This recipe is proof of how interesting, tasty, and flavorful your keto breakfast can be. It is an excellent alternative to the usual eggs and bacon. Don’t worry about whether an air-fried avocado tastes good or not—it’s incredibly creamy and flavorful.
These avocado baked eggs are quite filling, so by eating only one serving, you’ll be able to boost your energy levels until lunch. Also, this is an ideal keto vegetarian breakfast option since it can be served meatless.
Useful Air Frying Tips
Making these avocado eggs is simple, but if this is your first time cooking them, then here are some tips that you might find helpful:
- Make a larger avocado cavity. Usually, the avocados are too small to fit an entire egg in the place of the pit. So to make sure that the egg fits in there perfectly, it is best to make more room for it. Simply use a spoon to remove some of the flesh from the inside of the avocado.
- Egg yolk should go first. If you think that the egg still won’t fit, separate the egg whites from the yolk and pour in the yolk first into the avocado and only then pour in the needed amount of the whites.
- Remove the egg crust. If you don’t like the crust that appears when baking eggs, you can easily remove it with a knife after the avocado egg is fully cooked.
- Adjust the baking time. I like to air fry the avocado eggs for 15 minutes. This way, both the egg whites and yolk should be completely baked. But if you want the yolk to be slightly runny, then air frying it for 12 minutes should be enough.
For this recipe, you’ll only need an avocado, eggs, salt, and pepper. That’s it! But personally, I think that some smoked paprika makes this recipe even better. It’s just how I like them, so if you don’t like the taste of smoked paprika in your dishes, you can skip it.
Also, there are some other ingredients that you can add to these Air Fryer avocado baked eggs:
- Chopped bell peppers
- Chopped tomatoes
- Fresh parsley
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Crumbled feta
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Bacon crumbles
I think that making these air-fried avocado eggs just as described in the instructions is the most delicious way. But if you want to add anything else to it, then you definitely can.
Alternative Cooking Method
So, if you still don’t have an Air Fryer in your kitchen, there is an alternative way to bake these keto avocado eggs, which is in the oven.
But, of course, I strongly recommend you get an Air Fryer. There are just so many incredible and delicious dishes that you can make in it. I have a Ninja Air Fryer, so if you’re not sure which one to choose, I can say that this one is of the perfect size and works great.
Now, let me walk you through the main steps of baking the avocado eggs in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Then, lay a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper. This step is essential since there is a chance that the avocado’s skin might get stuck to the baking pan.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and take out some of the avocado’s flesh to make more room for the egg.
- Season the avocado with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into the avocado and season with some more salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, depending on how you like the eggs.
And that’s all. Baking an avocado egg in the oven is as simple as doing it in the Air Fryer. So whichever cooking method you choose, you can be sure that the keto avocado egg bake will turn out perfect.
Since these low-carb avocado baked eggs are quite filling, if you’re in a hurry or feel like eating just them for breakfast, you can definitely do that—they’ll taste incredibly delicious even when served on their own.
Even though some people consider the traditional eggs and bacon to be boring, I personally like them this way. So, I almost always fry some bacon to go together with these avocado baked eggs.
Another way that you can serve this dish is with some fresh salad on the side. Just keep it simple: mix some lettuce, chopped cucumbers, bell peppers, crumbled feta cheese, and a light salad dressing should do the trick.
Keto Air Fryer Avocado Baked Egg
- 1 avocado halved and seeded
- 2 small eggs
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 390 F.
- Cut the avocado in half and take out the seed. Using a spoon, remove some of the avocado flesh from the inside to create a larger cavity so that the egg fits in entirely.
- Season the avocado insides with some salt and pepper, then crack the egg into the avocado.
- Air fry the avocado with egg for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how you like the eggs.
- Sprinkle the baked eggs with some more salt, pepper, and, if desired, smoked paprika.