This jasmine bubble milk tea is perfect for a hot summer day. This refreshing and dairy-free beverage is made of jasmine tea, almond milk, tapioca pearls, and agave syrup. If you love the floral flavor of jasmine tea, then this drink will be one of your favorites.
You can make this jasmine milk tea with just 5 simple ingredients. Also, you can customize the ingredients according to your preferences.
Everything about this bubble tea recipe is easy. It takes around 15 minutes to make it and only a few simple steps.
Table of Contents
What Is Boba Milk Tea?
Boba milk tea, also known as bubble tea or boba tea, is a Taiwanese beverage made of a tea base, milk, and boba pearls. Traditionally, boba pearls are tapioca balls made of starch.
This drink is highly customizable: you can use almost any kind of tea (black, green, jasmine, or oolong tea, etc.), the different kinds of milk (whole milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, almond milk, etc.), and add some extras like fruits or berries. Depending on which ingredients you use, the taste of the boba milk tea will vary.
Is Jasmine Tea Good for You?
Yes, jasmine green tea has many benefits that can improve your health in the long run. And if you take jasmine tea regularly, it can help relieve stress, increase your metabolic rate, and boost your immune system. Moreover, jasmine tea is an excellent source of antioxidants and has excellent anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight bacteria.
Also, since jasmine tea contains caffeine, it can make you feel more energetic and stimulate your brain activity.
There are only a few possible side effects of taking jasmine tea. First, it can worsen the absorption of iron in your body and may cause insomnia in some people.
Jasmine Bubble Milk Tea Ingredients and Alternatives
If you've already tried jasmine tea and liked its floral flavor, then you'll definitely enjoy this bubble milk tea. This jasmine bubble milk tea tastes creamy, with a hint of sweetness, and is incredibly delicate.
So, to make this jasmine milk tea recipe, you'll need to prepare the following ingredients:
- Jasmine loose leaf tea - it's OK to use either loose leaf tea or a jasmine tea bag. But I believe that loose leaf tea has more flavor, and I like to adjust the amount of tea I add to my bubble milk tea, so I always go with this option.
- Water - the water should be hot and boiling. You'll need it to steep your tea.
- Tapioca pearls - you can either make tapioca pearls yourself or purchase them. But usually, I'm pressed for time, so I just buy them. If you also choose to buy dried tapioca balls, make sure that you cook them before adding them to your drink.
- Agave syrup - I prefer to use it, especially with jasmine bubble milk tea, since it enhances its floral taste. But if you don't have any agave syrup feel free to use any other kind of sweetener such as honey, sugar, brown sugar, erythritol, etc.
- Almond milk - I like to make this beverage dairy-free, so I always go with an alternative option when choosing the milk. But feel free to use any kind of milk you want, whether it's whole milk, coconut milk, or oat milk.
How to Make Jasmine Boba Milk Tea
It's insanely easy to make this jasmine milk tea with boba pearls. Overall, it takes around 15 minutes to make this beverage. Here's what the process looks like:
Step 1. Brew your tea. Place your loose jasmine tea in a ball strainer and place it in hot water or place the tea directly in a cup of boiling water and pass it through a sieve. Let it steep for at least 5 minutes.
Step 2. Add the sweetener. While the tea is still hot, add the syrup, honey, sugar, or sweetener of your choice. It will dissolve perfectly compared to when you add it to cold tea.
Step 3. Cook the tapioca pearls. Place the tapioca balls in a small pot and cover them with water. Cook them over medium heat for around 2-3 minutes.
Step 4. Assemble the beverage. First, place the cooked tapioca pearls on the bottom of the glasses. Then add ice (if you want to drink the jasmine boba milk tea cold), tea, and milk. Finally, serve the beverage with extra-wide straws.
You can prepare this beverage beforehand and store it in your refrigerator until you're ready to drink it. You can store your jasmine green milk tea with boba in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Jasmine Milk Tea with Boba
- Fill a tea strainer with the jasmine tea leaves and place it in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Remove the strainer and mix the tea with agave syrup.
- Add some water to a small pot and cook the tapioca pearls for about 2-3 minutes. Drain the water away and divide the tapioca balls equally between the two glasses.
- Pour in the tea and add the almond milk.