Looking for the perfect sugar-free healthy lemonade recipe? And then you've hit the spot with this one. This keto lemonade is low-carb, requires only three simple ingredients, and takes only 10 minutes to make.
Believe it or not, homemade lemonade without sugar can be insanely delicious and super sweet. The secret here is to use the right sugar substitute and make the lemonade only from freshly juiced lemons.
And don't even get me started on the benefits that come with drinking this low-carb lemonade. With only one glass a day, you'll be able to boost your energy levels, improve digestion, get better skin quality, and much more.
Table of Contents
Is Lemonade Compatible With Keto Diet?
Unfortunately, the store-bought lemonade (or the traditional lemonade) is not keto-compatible nor healthy. There's lots of sugar in it, which makes that drink bad for your health. But if you choose to make lemonade by yourself and use the right ingredients, you should be able to enjoy a nice glass of refreshing lemonade whenever you want to.
Keto Lemonade Ingredients
You can make this refreshing keto drink whether you want to. The recipe calls for only three ingredients, and the cooking process is insanely fast.
To make this low carb lemonade, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
And that's it! Here's a quick tip: don't buy bottled lemon juice and make it yourself instead. Fresh lemon juice is much healthier and tastier.
Also additionally, you can add grated fresh ginger. That will double the health benefits of this lemonade and will be insanely helpful for your digestion and weight loss.
Additionally, if you like fresh mint, you can throw some fresh mint leaves into the keto lemonade.
How to Make Low-Carb Lemonade
The overall process of making this keto lemonade takes up to only 10 minutes. All you should do is follow these three simple steps:
- Make the lemon juice. You can either use an electric citrus juicer or a hand lemon squeezer; anything works fine. But I do not recommend squeezing the juice directly with your hands since you won't be able to juice the lemons completely.
- Cook the syrup. This is a very simple syrup recipe. To make it, you should prepare a small saucepan, pour in some water, and add the sweetener. Bring everything to a boil and wait for the sweetener to dissolve.
- Mix the lemonade. Prepare a glass pitcher. Add the syrup, rest of the water, and lemon juice. Then stir it and serve.
If you want to add some additional ingredients to boost the flavor of the lemonade, you definitely can.
There are many delicious ways of serving this keto lemonade. My favorite option is to throw some fresh mint leaves, a few lemon slices, and ice cubes into the glass pitcher together with the lemonade.
Or, here's another idea: mash some berries and add them to the lemonade. But make sure that you choose low-carb berries (blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries).
A Few Tips
Even though this keto lemonade recipe is as simple as it gets, you might still have some questions. Here are some tips that can help you to make the most delicious sugar-free lemonade:
- Don't use bottled lemon juice. For your lemonade to be truly healthy, never substitute the freshly squeezed lemon juice with the bottled kind. When you make the lemon juice by yourself, you will be sure that there are no bad additives in it.
- Experiment with the sugar substitute type. There are lots of different sweeteners that you can use for this keto lemonade recipe. My all-time favorite is powdered monk fruit sweetener with erythritol, but you can instead use stevia, erythritol, xylitol, or allulose (just make sure that you use a keto sweetener type).
- Get an electric citrus juicer. Trust me. You won't regret buying it. It may sound easy, but actually juicing six lemons by your hands is pretty complicated. So if you love lemonade and will be making it often, it's best to buy yourself a citrus juicer to save time and nerves.
After making this keto lemonade, you should store it in the refrigerator. Just place it in a glass jar, bottle, or a glass pitcher with a lid and move it into your fridge. This way, you can keep the lemonade for up to a week.
Also, I love to make the lemon juice for this recipe beforehand and freeze it. For example, after juicing the lemons, just pour the juice into ice cube molds and freeze.
Easy Sugar-Free Keto Lemonade
- 6 medium lemons
- 9 cups water
- 1 cup powdered monkfruit sweetener with erythritol
- fresh mint leaves optional
- Using a citrus juicer, juice the lemons.
- Pour a cup of water and the sweetener into a small saucepan. Place the pan over medium heat and let the water boil. Stir until the sweetener dissolves completely.
- Pour the syrup into a glass pitcher. Add the rest of the water and lemon juice.
- Add ice, some fresh mint leaves, a few lemon slices, and serve.