Table of Contents
This recipe is part of our Christmas Guide which is full of useful tips and resources to make hosting dinner on Christmas Day a success.
A fun project for the whole family, make a batch of cookies and pierce a hole near the top of each cookie. Thread a ribbon through each one and you have a cute-looking Christmas tree decoration.
To create an alternative cookie, include a tablespoon of cocoa to make chocolate cookies. And while you're baking up a storm in the kitchen, you may want to make a batch of choc chip cookies that are chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Christmas Tree Cookies
- 5 ½ oz all purpose flour
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 ½ oz butter cubed
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add the flour, nutmeg and ginger to a bowl and rub in butter using your fingers until the mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- Pour in honey and mix until a dough forms.
- Wrap with clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Divide the dough and roll out on a floured surface with a rolling pin until ¼ inch thick.
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters then place on the baking tray. Make a hole in the top of each cookie with a skewer so that a ribbon can be theaded through.
- Chill in fridge for 15 minutes then Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with icing of your choice then thread with ribbon and hang on the tree.
- Making cookies look good can be time consuming unless you have a cookie press. This handy kitchen tool creates perfectly uniform cookies every time and you can create a whole range of different shapes. If you're considering upping your cookie making game then you're going to want to check out our review which looks at the best cookie press products currently on the market. We invested a whole weekend into researching them so it's well worth the read.
- While these cookies look great on the Xmas tree, you may also want to keep some to wrap in cellophane and use as gifts for friends and family.